Nail wrap is the hit of 2023. They have conquered the nail world as a quick and creative way to create beautiful wrapped nails without the hassle of nail polish. An interesting phenomenon when applying wrapped nails is the striking lack of using a base coat. Why is this step skipped? Let's delve deeper into the mystery of leaving out the base coat on wrap nails.
Why a base coat with gel polish?
Using a base coat with gel polish is essential for several reasons. Here are some important reasons why a base coat is recommended with gel polish:
Improve adhesion; It provides a smooth and uniform surface, allowing the gel polish to be applied evenly and to bond better to the nail.
Protection against discoloration; The base coat acts as a barrier between the nail and the colorful pigments, preventing the nail from turning yellow or showing other discolorations.
Longer shelf life of your manicure; By providing good adhesion, the base coat prevents the gel polish from peeling or flaking.
- Protection of your own nail; Gel polish can sometimes dry out the natural nail. The base coat acts as a protective barrier and prevents direct contact between the gel polish and the nail.
- Leveling the nail; If your nails have irregularities, such as ridges or small dents, a base coat can help even out the nail surface.
- Easier removal; It prevents the gel polish from penetrating too deeply into the nail plate, making the removal process less damaging to the natural nail.
Why not a base coat with wrap nails?
Why not use a base coat with wrap nails, but still get a high-quality gel polish result? Here are some important reasons why a base coat with the nail wrap is not recommended:
- Ready-made bonding; Wrap nails come with a self-adhesive layer that adheres directly to the natural nail. This adhesive makes the use of a base coat unnecessary. Moreover, with Gel Nail Wrap we ensure optimal adhesion of the nail wrap without a base coat.
- Tight and smooth result; The use of a base coat with the nail wrap can actually interfere with the seamless appearance of the wraps. By skipping the base coat you maintain the smooth texture that you want to create with wrapped nails.
- Convenience and time saving; Wrap nails are popular for their ease of use and the enormous time savings (no drying time). Nail stickers are the ideal solution for people who want beautiful, high-quality gel nails quickly.
Convenience and time saving: Nail wraps are popular for their ease of use and time saving. Avoiding an extra layer such as the base coat contributes to the fast and problem-free application process. For people looking for a quick nail makeover without the extra steps, nail wraps are the ideal choice.
Specific formulas for optimal performance: Nail wrap manufacturers develop their products with specific formulas that take into account the needs of the wraps. Using a base coat can disrupt these formulas and lead to less effective results. Therefore, always follow the manufacturer's recommendations to get the most out of your nail wraps.
Conclusion why no base coat with wrap nails?
Omitting the base coat with nail wraps is not a coincidental choice, but rather substantiated advice for achieving the best results with your manicure. With their ready-to-use bond, sleek finish and time savings , wrap nails offer an innovative way to style your nails without sacrificing durability or aesthetics. So, if you're looking for a quick and trendy nail makeover, embrace the world of wrap nails and ditch the base coat for an effortlessly chic result. Moreover, you also save time.